Archive | Health

Senior man in-line skating in a surfing pose

High-Intensity, HIIT, Workouts Send The Wrong Message

The allure of high-intensity interval training or HIIT is simple — go all-out for as little as one minute and reap the benefits of a 45 or 60-minute workout. With a promise like that, it is easy to understand why people are willing to try it. However, Panteleimon “Paddy” Ekkekakis, a professor of kinesiology at […]

Read the full story

Posted in Active Living, Healthy Lifestyle0 Comments

tax

Why Some Breast Cancer Patients Don’t Need Radiation

Recent clinical trials have shown that 90 percent of early stage breast cancer patients over age 70 do not benefit from radiation after breast-conserving surgery.

Read the full story

Posted in Health, Healthy Lifestyle0 Comments

31342451_original

How to Choose The Right Medicare Part D Plan

Choosing Medicare prescription drug coverage can be confusing, especially for the first time.

Read the full story

Posted in Health0 Comments

31590948_original

Tips For Choosing The Medicare Plan That’s Right For You

Original Medicare pays for about 80 percent of the total costs of health care. The patient is responsible for the remaining 20 percent.

Read the full story

Posted in Health, Features0 Comments

Rear view of a senior man writing on a paper as he uses calculator at tea time

Despite Social Security Boost, Rising Medicare Part B Premiums Create Bind

Millions of seniors will soon be notified that Medicare premiums for physicians’ services are rising and likely to consume most of the cost-of-living adjustment they’ll receive next year from Social Security.

Read the full story

Posted in Health, Retirement, Your Money0 Comments

IMG_1710

Black Tea May Help With Weight Loss, Other Benefits

The percentage of bacteria associated with obesity decreased, while bacteria associated with lean body mass increased.

Read the full story

Posted in Health studies0 Comments

Page 1 of 10412345...102030...Last »

Join Now for the 50 Plus Newsletter